Skip to main content
Question

Rejected due to Guideline 3.1.2 - Business - Payments - Subscriptions

• 8 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, I use revenue cat paywall package in my iOS app. Apple rejected my build with “- Your auto-renewable subscription promotes the free trial or introductory period for your subscription more clearly and conspicuously than the billed amount.”

My Package details for an introductory offer:
“{{ sub_offer_duration }} free trial, then **{{ price_per_period }}**”

My Call to action:
“Continue with free trial  🔓

My previous app got approved with texts for package details for an introductory offer and call to action. 
I have made my price_per_period bold to make it more clear. How should I modify my paywall content in order to get approved?

Whole rejection text:
Guideline 3.1.2 - Business - Payments - Subscriptions

We noticed that one or more of your auto-renewable subscriptions is marketed in the purchase flow in a manner that may mislead or confuse users about the subscription terms or pricing. Specifically:

- Your auto-renewable subscription promotes the free trial or introductory period for your subscription more clearly and conspicuously than the billed amount.

Next Steps

Please revise your auto-renewable subscription purchase flow to ensure that the billed amount is the most clear and conspicuous pricing element in the layout. Any other pricing elements, including free trial and calculated pricing information, must be displayed in a subordinate position and size to the total billed amount. Factors that contribute to whether the billed amount is clear and conspicuous include, but are not limited to, the font, size, color, and location of the billed amount in the auto-renewable subscription purchase flow.

This post has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, it sounds like Apple wants the price after the trial to be more clear. Maybe you can word it as follows: 

““{{ sub_offer_duration }} free trial. After the trial ends, the subscription will renew for **{{ price_per_period }}**””

Badge +2

Hi, it sounds like Apple wants the price after the trial to be more clear. Maybe you can word it as follows: 

““{{ sub_offer_duration }} free trial. After the trial ends, the subscription will renew for **{{ price_per_period }}**””

Hi, thank you for the reply. I changed it to “Continue” and got accepted.

Badge +3

Just got the same rejection after months of approvals. My paywall is an exact copy of an example that shows in the guidelines (see attachement of guidelines example).

I just hate how reviewers are able to interpret the rules and when you tell them that you’re following them, they just keep rejecting your app.

Badge +3

So my app was just approved with no changes to the paywall. I guess it was worth it to point out the guidelines example.