Skip to main content
Question

querySkuDetailsAsync()

• 12 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I am currently using the premium-monthly subscription plan for my app. However, I want to switch to using a new subscription plan called new-premium-monthly through RevenueCat. I have two main concerns:

1. How will this change affect existing subscribers who are currently on the premium-monthly plan? Will they be automatically transferred to the new plan, or will they remain on the old one?

2. Given that querySkuDetailsAsync() is deprecated in the Google Play Billing Library, how can I ensure that the transition to new-premium-monthly is seamless for both new and existing users?

Any guidance on how to handle this transition smoothly would be greatly appreciated

Let me translate it

이전 버전과 호환되는 기본 요금제는 Google Play 결제 라이브러리의 지원 중단된 메서드 querySkuDetailsAsync()에서 반환됩니다.

English: “In the subscriptions section of the Google Play Console, the benefits that are compatible with previous versions are returned by the deprecated method querySkuDetailsAsync() of the Google Play Billing Library.”

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Jonghwan! Adding a new subscription plan won’t affect subscribers on your current subscription plan, and new subscribers will be able to subscribe to your new plan without an issue.

There isn’t a great way, however, to transfer subscribers over to the new plan. I’d suggest that you leave your subscribers on their existing plan and simply don’t show new users the old subscription plan.

You could remove your old plan from sale in Google Play, but this will eventually cause these subscribers to churn and will likely result in lost revenue for you. You could also show a message in your app for subscribers on the old plan and suggest they upgrade to the new plan (docs), but this won’t result in all of these subscribers moving over.