Can you please clarify the case of using RC with the Server-Side observer mode?
- Apple App Store Server Notification is configured
- Google Real-Time Developer Notifications is configured
- Webhooks are configured
The happy-path looks like:
- Our app (Android/iOS) completes a purchase for a new user and gets the fetch token/receipt
- Our app sends all needed data (app_user_id, fetch_token, price/currency, product_id) to our backend
- Our backend invokes
- Our webhook receives the
What will happen if our backend doesn't invoke
POST /v1/receipts due to a network error or internal error:
- Will the
initial_purchaseevent be raised anyway for that new user?
- Will any future events be automatically detected for that user?
- Should we guarantee to invoke
POST /v1/receiptsto ensure correct behavior?
Best answer by Michael FogelView original