Question

Paywall character limit 14 000

• 15 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

In a nutshell, same story as in the other post, but now I'm hitting the 14000 limit as well. E.g. in English:

I would not say it's too much info, especially given that Google would not approve the app without this extra info.

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Sigys,

Thank you for the report!  As of now, I'd recommend just localizing the most-used languages of your app to stay under the limit.

Do you have an estimate of how many characters you might need that I can share with our team? We're investigating how to increase the limit, and so it would be helpful to know what you might find to be a satisfactory amount.

Badge +1

Hey @Sigys,

Thank you for the report!  As of now, I'd recommend just localizing the most-used languages of your app to stay under the limit.

Do you have an estimate of how many characters you might need that I can share with our team? We're investigating how to increase the limit, and so it would be helpful to know what you might find to be a satisfactory amount.

I'm using all the languages that the app's meta is translated to (so, all of them). Not sure how many characters I still need, but there are still 17 languages I need the paywall to translate to.