Question

Pay wall Call To Action button not showing trial

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’m trying to migrate to the RevenueCat paywall.

I’m having an issue where I’m only seeing the “call to action” text on the button and not the “Call to action for an introductory offer”.

Here’s my pay wall settings:

And here’s what I’m seeing in the app when I test:

If I tap the action button, I can see that it presents me with a free trial.

Am I doing something wrong?

This post has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @joe-crabtree-e82723,

It looks like the paywall is automatically deciding that you are not eligible for the introductory offer and is displaying the normal call to action string. This is likely a sandbox quirk but to make sure just sign in to a new sandbox account and delete and reinstall the app. Due to sandbox quirks the receipt may not be on the device until you complete a purchase which breaks intro eligibility checks so to force a receipt to download you also need to make a purchase. However, if you make a purchase of the product you want to test the intro offer for, you’ll become ineligible for it, so instead purchase a different product. One way to do this is to create a consumable product that you never submit to Apple that you just use for local testing.

Badge +2

Thanks for getting back to me @sharif 

Would I expect this to be testable with a TestFlight install, or when connected directly to a device?

Does a debug version even have a receipt? If so, would triggering a Restore download it?

Regarding your suggestion to create a consumable product that I never submit to Apple, could you please outline the simplest way for me to do this? I obviously want to avoid accidentally having this visible to other users.

Thanks,

Joe

Badge +2

I managed to get it working.

Thanks for the tips.