Skip to main content

I’m able to build and run the app following the steps in https://github.com/RevenueCat/purchases-ios/blob/main/Examples/MagicWeatherSwiftUI/README.md.

Sorry, a very basic question—my RC configurations (entitlements, products, offerings) are defined for my own app XYZ, with corresponding subscription product IDs for XYZ. What does the MagicWeather app expect to be done on the App Store Connect side? Should I add a “MagicWeather” app in my App Store Connect and define subscriptions specific to that app? Or do the subscriptions I’ve defined for my XYZ app in App Store Connect work with this MagicWeather app? Confused—sorry for the basic question. I hope a revision to the project README file can clarify this.

Hey There,

The Magic Weather app is just a sample app that we suggest users to set up in order to make sure they know how to configure the SDK, make purchases, and see how the flow happens. On the app store connect side, in order to test the app fully you will need to build products for this specific app so you are able to fetch those in the app itself since you are still retrieving products from the App Store when using RevenueCat. 

I would recommend creating a separate test app in App Store connect for this and defining the subscriptions for that app! 

Let me know if that helps! 

That helps; would be helpful to include this in the app readme file; for first time visitors this is not obvious.