Solved

I've cleared Sandbox tester purchase history on App Store Connect but subscription is still active in RevenueCat

• 21 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I’ve successfully managed to make my first sandbox subscription purchase with an iPhone device, in a React Native app.

Now I want to cancel this sandbox subscription to try my workflow again. According to App Store Connect:

As you can see in the screenshot above, Apple writes: “To repeatedly test common in-app purchase scenarios for a sandbox tester, click Edit to clear their purchase history.”

I have cleared their purchase history but the subscription remains in RevenueCat:

Aren’t App Store and RevenueCat synced?

How can I easily cancel a users subscription everywhere (in sandbox environment)? 

I’m basically trying to figure out the smoothest testing workflow for purchasing subscriptions, cancelling them and retrying the whole process, many times.

icon

Best answer by tina 24 January 2022, 19:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @fishlurk 

Clearing purchase history for Sandbox Testers is a pretty new feature from Apple and one caveat is that it can take hours for the history to clear on Apple's end. One of our engineers has tested his feature before and was able to have it successfully clear once, but the second time they tried, the receipt that they restored still said that they had an active subscription. 

If you do want to try this feature, you'll want to uninstall the app (to delete the local receipt on disk) and re-install, then log in with a new RevenueCat App User ID. But again, depending on whether Apple's cleared the history or not (they aren't very clear on the App Store Connect dashboard about this), it may say you're still subscribed.

Badge

+1. Reinstalling the app after clearing purchases worked for me.

Badge

I have this same problem, is there a better way of doing this today.