Question

I added Free Trials to my subscription – how long until my Paywall reflects the change?

• 14 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I just released an app with an Experiment (A/B test) to compare two different pricing levels. Before release, I had forgotten to add a Free Trial phase to the subscriptions of test A, so I added them now.

App Store Connect seems to have applied the change immediately, because when I open the paywall and press “Continue” and the system purchase appears, I see the trial phase there. But the paywall (I’m using the new paywalls provided by RevenueCat) does not reflect the change (yet), even after restarting the app several times to update the cache.

Is there anything I need to do to update the paywall to reflect the addition of the Trial Phase? And if not, how long do changes like this take to be reflected by the RevenueCat paywall?

2 replies

Badge +2

Alright, after roughly an hour and after adding localized texts for the text fields in the paywall editor for Trial Phase buttons, it seems to have updated. I’m not sure though it’s because of the time passed or the localized text fields. This should probably be clarified in the paywall editor UI if the latter was the problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Jeehut!

It can definitely take a little bit of time for Apple to start returning the introductory offers after adding them to products - usually, it’s within an hour or so, but it can take up to 24 hours. Glad to hear it’s working now!