Question

How would I localize the Paywall with a variable in a text

• 17 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Here is a Paywall I created on the RevenueCat Paywall system.

Then I created a localization string in my Xcode project:

I also created other localization string, but in the app, only the “Full access just for ...” part not translate. Did I do some part wrong? 

In the simulator, as you can see other contents has been localized, except for the “full access ..” line.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

We do have localization support in Paywalls. Do you have that configured? If not, I wonder if the dashboard non-localization is overriding your localization in Swift.

Badge +1

Hi,

We do have localization support in Paywalls. Do you have that configured? If not, I wonder if the dashboard non-localization is overriding your localization in Swift.

Hi Ryan, thanks for replying. I do have the cofig set up. As you can see, some of the text were be localized in Chinese, the only part which is not being localized is the “full access… “ passge. I suspect it has something to do with the localized variable in my localizable.string file. If you look into my second picture, you will be I use %@ to replace the variable that RevenueCat created in the Paywll system, but apparently it’s not working. So I was wondering %@ is not working or I miss use the variable in the Paywll?