Question

How to use RevenueCat for consumables products?

• 19 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I intend to have both subscription and consumable products in my app. If you want an example of the kind of setup I want, check Slopes: the app offers subscription (monthly/yearly) + consumables (passes to unlock one day or one week). In Slopes, the user can redeem the pass whenever he wants, but it’s not what I plan: I plan to use the consumable as soon it’s purchased. So if a user purchase a one week pass consumable, I want to unlock the content from the purchase date.

How would you setup the same thing using RevenueCat? Do I have to setup my own system to record the purchase date (= activation date in my case) then unlock the content based on this date? Or is it possible to access consumables purchase history in RevenueCat so I can check when a consumable had been purchased and unlock the content afterwards?

Thanks,

Axel

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

RevenueCat will handle keeping track of the purchase dates but you will have to keep track of the "expiration" date so that the user doesn't purchase twice (use the non_subscriptions array in our api https://www.revenuecat.com/reference/subscribers)