Solved

How to set up app discount codes

• 30 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi everyone, 

Is there a simple way that Revenue Cat can manage app discount codes? 

We’d like to share regular discount codes for specific groups to make the app free for some users. 

Thanks, 

Louise

icon

Best answer by tina 1 October 2021, 23:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Louise Metcalf 

Have you checked out RevenueCat docs for iOS subscription offers and Android promo codes yet? These codes do provide free access for a limited time. If you’re interested in providing a lifetime access, check out Promotional Entitlements

Badge +3

@tina is there a way to have the same code for both platforms (iOS and Android)? So we don’t have to ask the user what platform they are using before we let them have the code? Here’s a use case:

We run a promotion among a group of people and just let them have one code that they can use to get a discount or a free week or month. Kind of like the Custom codes on Android, but that would work on either platform. I would suspect that would be handled on Revenuecat’s side, rather than Play Store or App store. A hybrid of the promo codes and promotional entitlements? Or is that against the stores’ guidelines?

Badge +4

Hi @tina Yes we do that already. We are trying to develop a way to use codes to track marketing efforts, so we need something more sophisticated, something that can be one code for one discount and another code for another group’s discount. So we can see how our marketing worked. The stores don’t provide that kind of option as yet, but we are hoping Revenue Cat might. It would be better done from Revenue Cat anyway. As @Daniil rightly says.

Badge +1

@tina is there a way to have the same code for both platforms (iOS and Android)? So we don’t have to ask the user what platform they are using before we let them have the code? Here’s a use case:

We run a promotion among a group of people and just let them have one code that they can use to get a discount or a free week or month. Kind of like the Custom codes on Android, but that would work on either platform. I would suspect that would be handled on Revenuecat’s side, rather than Play Store or App store. A hybrid of the promo codes and promotional entitlements? Or is that against the stores’ guidelines?

So, we have a very similar case, do we have any example of implementing promo codes with flutter for both platforms (Android and iOS)?
There is no example on how do that in official resources.
Very appreciate for the help!

Badge +2

I have a flutter app for which we have setup promo codes in the google play store and ios subscription offers in the app store both according to the documentation of RC.

In the purchase info I do not see these promo codes and I can not see in the documentation how this promo code is handled. Is it handled in the store where I can choose to redeem that code (if it is there) or do I have to handle it (partly) in my app. An example in Flutter as asked by Vaan Neko would be helpful For a lot of users I quess. Hope someone can put me in the right direction to handle promo codes in my app.