Question

How to resolve a rejected app due to mislabeled as Apple Pay

• 18 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

My application got rejected due to:

Guideline 1.1.6 - Safety - Objectionable Content We noticed that your app’s in-app purchase products are mislabeled as Apple Pay, which could confuse and mislead users.

To clarify this further, when they tapped to purchase the item, my app initiated Apple Pay [payment sheet] instead of In-App purchasing!!!

I have updated my app to Revenue Cat, I am not doing anything about this the sheet is showing automatically by the app store, not from my side. I have tested via Test Flight and it shows the right sheet:

any idea why this happened?

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Have you tested on real device?

If your test is good, resubmit your app, it might be, most likely, Apple employee error. 

Badge +4

Have you tested on real device?

If your test is good, resubmit your app, it might be, most likely, Apple employee error. 

Yes, I have tested both on dev environment sandbox and TestFlight and it worked just fine.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Just resubmit your app and write that it works just fine. Don’t even change the binary

Badge +4

Just resubmit your app and write that it works just fine. Don’t even change the binary

I did! but still is keep rejecting due that issue!!! I have setup RC step by step, it’s working just fine in sandbox and testflight, but I have no idea why this is happening!!! 

Badge +3

Just got the same response from Apple team during the review.

Guideline 1.1.6 - Safety - Objectionable Content

We noticed that your app’s in-app purchase products are mislabeled as Apple Pay, which could confuse and mislead users.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app so that all in-app purchase products include accurate and clear labels. If your app does not include any Apple Pay functionality, please remove any references to Apple Pay from your app and its metadata.

I am also using RevenueCat and all was so far so good during test.

Badge +4

Just got the same response from Apple team during the review.

I am also using RevenueCat and all was so far so good during test.

The reason was I have re built my app from UIKit to SwiftUI, and on the UIKit app I was using SwiftyStoreKit, so I was trying to implement RC with the default setup, which caused that problem! because in SwiftyStoreKit fetches all receipts first and etc. So, my app keep rejecting and I dropped RC and used SwiftyStoreKit again and the app got approve. But, I found this article it seems there is a documentation that helps you to migrate from SwiftyStoreKit to RC:

SwiftyStoreKit Migration

https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/swiftystorekit

Badge +3

Hm, in my case I’m using Flutter, so I had no previous implementation of IAP, probably missing some configuration so far. Will dig into docs so far.

Thanks @DinoDeveloper for your input anyway! :)

Badge

Hey guys,

I am having the exact same issue, did anyone find a solution for it:

We noticed that your app’s in-app purchase products are mislabeled as Apple Pay, which could confuse and mislead users.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app so that all in-app purchase products include accurate and clear labels. If your app does not include any Apple Pay functionality, please remove any references to Apple Pay from your app and its metadata.

Resources

It’s important to understand the difference between Apple Pay and in-app purchase. Use Apple Pay to sell physical goods and use in-app purchase to sell virtual goods, such as premium content for your app and subscriptions for digital content. Learn more about design guidance for Apple Pay.

Best regards,

App Review