Solved

How do I grant free access to some users?

• 19 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am looking to give all of our company staff a free ‘upgrade’ to our paid plan.

I see in the docs about ‘granting entitlements’, but only users who have paid show up, so can be granted entitlements.  Is there a way to see all app users to grant entitlements to our staff?

icon

Best answer by tina 20 July 2021, 00:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey Justin!

There are a few options you can go here, all require some way to get the app user ID to grant the RevenueCat Promotional

• Use RevenueCat’s customer lists to create a custom list with the following filter `First Purchase Date is null`. This will find you customers that have not purchased before. Note that customer lists are refreshed every hour.
  • If you have an email login, you can attach the email as a subscriber attribute to the app user ID. You will be able to search for the customer through their email on the RevenueCat dashboard. Documentation for reference: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/subscriber-attributes#reserved-attributes 
  • Some apps expose the app user ID through the settings page for support purposes. This is okay to do as long as other app user IDs cannot be guessable (e.g: no sequential IDs) for security purposes. You would have your staff share the ID they see in the app to gain free access.
Badge +4

If you know the App User Id, you can also search for this directly on the Customers page, without having to create a custom list first.