Skip to main content

In EU it seems that Google allows refunds within 48 hours. This means that the user can technically consume the subscription and its benefits for two days and then request accidental purchase refund. 

Are there any workarounds around this kind of abuse and what should I do to block these users or their in-app benefits?

Can’t prevent it, so I consider it a cost of doing business (~1% of revenue).

Usually I let the first situation slide (I give the benefit of the doubt), but if the same customer repeats the operation then there is no doubt and I permanently ban them from my app (based on email address, IP, device ID, etc, anything that can help me identify them if they try to sign up again...).

Thanks @building-bridges-e3d355 for the info, that sucks that nothing can be done. Is there a way to tell google to not refund if they do this. Even one time feels wrong they take advantage.

Is there a way to tell google to not refund if they do this.

I don’t think so...

And even worse, there is no way of telling Google to not accept future payments from the same fraudster.

Hi! Just want to confirm from our end that we do not know of a method currently for how to remove this aspect of Google Play’s refund policy.