Solved

Can I turn off auto-renew for a customer?

• 23 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

tl;dr: Is there any way for me to turn off the auto-renewing, so the subscription ends after a month? 

Hello,

I have a pretty small app, so I’m still pretty new to RevenueCat.

I get slack messages when certain things happen in my app such as new accounts created, subscriptions or trial starts, accounts deleted, etc. 

I got a notification that user xyz created an account. Great. Then they started a monthly subscription. Even better! Then I got a notification that they deleted their account. I was going to get their email from firebase to let them know they started an auto-renewing subscription, but since they deleted their account I don’t have any way of contacting them. I don’t want this person to waste a few dollars a month on an app that they don’t even have an account for anymore. 

Is there any way for me to turn off the auto-renewing, so the subscription ends after a month? 

I am also afraid of this user realizing this after a few months and leaving my app a poor review.

Thanks

Brad

icon

Best answer by cody 4 January 2024, 16:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Brad!

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way for developers to cancel subscriptions on behalf of users - it’ll be up to the user to cancel this themselves.

Maybe a workaround is to send off an email when they delete their account, indicating that they have an active subscription that they might want to cancel?

Badge +3

Hey @cody,

Thanks for your response, 

That’s what I thought. 

I think what I will implement in the future is when the user goes to the delete account page, if they have an active subscription, they will see a dialog box alerting them of that first.

Thank you