Solved

App update rejected: Ads still pop up after we successfully purchase in app purchase products.

• 28 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hey,

Today, I’ve had a rejection from Apple. My app is already live, and it’s the first update to it. I haven’t touched IAP-releated code since the initial release. 

Anyway, I tried to reproduce the issue - I couldn’t. I’ve checked both Google Analytics and RevenueCat sandbox, and I didn’t find any trace of the purchase allegedly made by them.

I’ve received a general “next step”, namely:

When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code "Sandbox receipt used in production," you should validate against the test environment instead.

According to RevenueCat docs, it’s something already taken care of. I know it’s probably not RC-related, but I still feel like posting this as someone may have had similar experiences. 

My follow-up questions to Apple were, naturally, not answered.

icon

Best answer by ryan 28 September 2021, 23:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The reviewer may have encountered a STORE_PROBLEM error while testing, they’re not uncommon in sandbox. The quickest thing to try would be to bump the build number and re-submit the same binary and see if it goes through again. 

If all is working in Testflight then it’s most likely something on the reviewers end. 

Badge +1

The reviewer may have encountered a STORE_PROBLEM error while testing, they’re not uncommon in sandbox. The quickest thing to try would be to bump the build number and re-submit the same binary and see if it goes through again. 

If all is working in Testflight then it’s most likely something on the reviewers end. 

Thanks, I’ve just seen this. Yeah, that’s exactly what I did and the update passed. It kinda adds to my usual “App Store anxiety”, though.