Question

App Store rejected because of bad offering

• 20 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello,

So I am trying to get my app approved on App Store. Basically I have a subscription group which contains a single product that is payed monthly. But I also add an offer of free first month for new users for that product. I did all configurations as tutorials show and I am able to test the subscription, the restore purchases and those things.

But then Apple rejected my app saying that I am trying to make a full payment attempt when I should offer the first month for free. I don’t know how this is being handled by revenue cat, am I missing something? I just configured the product on revenue cat but I didn’t configured any “first month offer” inside revenue cat, just on Apple side for that product.

We found that your in-app purchase products exhibited one or more bugs which create a poor user experience.

Specifically, while your subscription offer promises the first month for free, the purchase page does not respect this offer and attempts to complete the full payment at that instant.

Please review the details and resources below and complete the next steps.

Review device details:

- Device type: iPad and iPhone
- OS version: iOS 17.0

Thank you 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello,

This seems to be something worth discussing with the App Review team. If you are able to test the offer in sandbox, you can provide evidence of that to the team and see what they say. It may be a case that their testing account isn’t eligible for the offer for some reason, so maybe they have to use a new or different account?