Question

API where to find product title or display name of current subscription?

• 11 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all,

This whole morning I am looking for something, that I think is very simple and needed for everyone, but I am unable to find it. I cannot believe it is not there so it surely is my fault but searching on this forum, in the docs, google… nothing. I am looking for the localized display names of the subscriptions that my users buy from both iOS and Android.

I want to call the API, not using the SDK, and in with this call I can get lots and lots of information by calling the subscriber ID. But it does not give me the end user product tite, display name however you want to call it of the, in this case while testing in sandbox, iOS subscription. It does give me the SKU. So I thought...OK, seems that I need to do an extra call myself with the SKU to fetch the localized display name. Not possible, so it seems.

Is there are RevenueCat guru online that can tell me how to access the localized display name of subscription products?

In summary:

• I am testing now mainly with iOS in sandbox mode
  • Using API, not SDK (I am using a wrapper service and have no direct access to the SDK)
  • I can fetch all the info of a subscriber just fine. It gives me entitlements, packages, SKU etc but not the localized display name

Why:

I want to let my user know what kind of subscription is active. SKU will confuse my users so I need to present the localized display name. The same name they got presented when buying.

2 replies

Badge +1

was looking for this myself, i think a way to do it can be to get the `activeSubscriptions` array from the `customerInfo` object, which returns an array of product ids. then cross check with your available products after fetching them at launch to get the localized display info.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @sadel,

As you’ve found, there’s no way to do this out of the box with our API, as the RevenueCat SDK pulls the name and description directly from store APIs. It sounds like you’re onto something with your current method, the other workaround could be to add the product titles to your Offering metadata and access it this way, via the get /Offerings endpoint. But this could ultimately be pretty arduous as well if you have different titles in Apple and Google, and you’d have to manage the localization yourself. 

I can pass along your feedback to our team and maybe we can support this via the API in the future.