Skip to main content

Hello,

I've tried to transfer a subscription made through the Google Play Store, but after a few hours, the sub (for the second account) wasn't active, and the first one was still "keeping" the sub in our system, even though it was transferred on RevenueCat. What could've gone wrong?

On the same (or not) subject, I was wondering if there's a way of granting subscriptions through RC if the user ID isn't displayed (it's "anonymous").

Hi @jgarcia123!

When you say “keeping” the sub - do you mean that the first account was still able to access the entitlement even after it was transferred on RevenueCat? And was the second user id able to access the content?

For your other question - yes, you can grant anonymous (or any) IDs an entitlement via the dashboard: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/dashboard-and-metrics/customer-history/promotionals

Just a heads up that this entitlement will exist outside of the stores - so for example if the user has a trial through the App Store and you grant them an entitlement, it won’t prevent the trial from converting and charging them. 

Hi, kaitlin! Thanks for your answer!

1st question:

Yes, exactly - once I transferred the sub on RC, the first user still had sub access and the second (to which I transferred the sub to) never got the subscription access.

2nd question:

But whenever I have anonymous users on RC, this usually means that they didn't get their sub access on our app (maybe they paid for the sub on apple/google and weren't connected to our app at the time, meaning that the sub was paid for, but there wasn't a "profile" to add a sub to). Then, we have to contact another team to grant them this sub on our end and "connect" our system to RC, adding their user id (from our system) to RC. Is there a way of:

• changing the user from "anonymous" to a real user id (the same one we have in our system);
  • granting them a sub (which was already paid for, but it wasn't activated on our end because the user was anonymous).

I hope I explained well, and if not, let me know! ❤ Thanks again for your help! :)