Solved

Revenue Report in Android in Regards to User Taxes

  • 31 August 2022
  • 4 replies
  • 43 views

Badge +4

The revenue amount reported by RevenueCat did not equal the amount I expect, so I want to update my mental model. What am I missing?

 

I’ve set the price to 24.99 USD. The Mr. Google set the price across the globe accordingly. The list price in Germany is 28.99 EUR including 19% VAT. 

So the price shown to user is 28.99 EUR. The 5.51 is deducted as a VAT.

 

Then there was a purchase.

 

 

  • List Price: OK
  • Tax: 4.63… Weird, that it’s not 5.51 as stated about, but… Okay.
  • Estimated Revenue: OK. This is how what I expect to get after setting the price to 24.99 USD and deducting 15% Google’s share. It’s not exactly 85%, and I guess that’s because of conversions from USD to EUR. Bacause this is fine:

 

What looks really, really out of scope is this:

 

I’m seeing a List Price with the User’s country tax. And the revenue which is reported by Revenue Cat for this transaction is this:

 

24.714 USD.

(I’ve double checked the receipt id, it is the proper transaction).

 

The questions

Is that the List Price I’m seeing in Revenue Cat? i did not dig into this before but was quite sure I’m getting the price without the user country tax, because why I would even need to know that.

Why the revenue reported by RevenueCat is 24.717 (which is way to high) while Google Play Orders data state it’s 20.72 (which look proper)?

icon

Best answer by Jens 1 September 2022, 13:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @rohovdmytro , thanks for the report. It seems like this may be a bug – the value you are seeing is what should be sent if the integration you are using was set to “net of commission” (i.e., gross price * 85%), even though your integration is set to “net of commission and taxes”. We are investigating this issue and will report back.

Badge +4

Hi @rohovdmytro , thanks for the report. It seems like this may be a bug – the value you are seeing is what should be sent if the integration you are using was set to “net of commission” (i.e., gross price * 85%), even though your integration is set to “net of commission and taxes”. We are investigating this issue and will report back.

I hope I adding the comment in time: it’s a setting that I’ve just changed it from “net of commission” to ‘net of commission and taxes’.

So I guess everything seems right. Yeah?

I still have questions

  • Was it always three options to choose how to report revenue? 
  • Was it always reporting List Price as the base price for calculations?

 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Ah, okay, that makes sense, then, glad it wasn’t an actual bug!

There were not always three options – we have recently started calculating taxes (previously, we haven’t been calculating taxes but only commissions). We have not yet broadly announced this change yet because it’s not available yet in charts and data exports (since we need to calculate these amounts for all past transactions first, and that is taking a while).

And yes, list price has always been used as the base price for calculations, because that is the only price that we can capture from the store, the rest we need to calculate ourselves. 

Badge +4

@Jens , okay. Good to know! Thanks for the service, people. Wow. So the revenue reporting for ads can be even more precise. That is awesome.

Thank you guys.

Reply