Question

Number of Customers are way off

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hello!

In my DB I have around 600 new Users and in RevenueCat I have over 1800 new Customers, both numbers are from only January 2023. The difference is way out and I can’t figure out why.

Is there any advice on the correct way to filter de Customers so that I can match my DB users with the RC customers?

Also, when I export the data there is some weird information like:

• has_made_sandbox_purchase has 3 different values: t (true), f (false), empty
  • is_rc_promo has 3 different values: TRUE, FALSE, empty
  • The empty parameter appears in many results in many attributes and its confusing.

Hope you can help me understand why is this and how can I get the correct number of Customers.

Thanks in advance!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Stratocaster ,

Thanks for reaching out! 

The new customer tab has the count of App User IDs that have been created in the past 28 days. Multiple App User IDs aliased together will be counted as 1 New Customer.

You could expect the New Customer count in RevenueCat to be different than the download numbers provided by the respective store. Since here things are looking really different, I recommend making sure that you're identifying users correctly in RevenueCat. It could be possibly that one user is being identified as multiple without those IDs being merged which could cause this number to be off.