Solved

Experiment test group in Amplitude?

• 23 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

When running an experiment https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/experiments I can go into a user page and under “Current offering” see in what test group this user is. Could this data be shared to amplitude as well? So that I in amplitude can know what test group a user is in?

icon

Best answer by sharif 23 July 2021, 23:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Currently there’s no straightforward way to get this data into Amplitude as we don’t send which group a user is in. However, we do send the presented_offering_id field in Amplitude events, which you can use as a proxy for the user’s experiment group since RevenueCat changes which offering the user sees in an experiment. The thing to note here is that only new users are enrolled in experiments, so you probably want to filter for initial purchases that occur after the date of the start of the experiment.

Badge +5

Sounds interesting! Will this presented_offering_id be set when the user just opens the app or will it only be set when they have actually seen the offer?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

That field is set when a user makes a purchase of a product. So if the SDK loaded offering_123 and you presented it on the paywall and the user purchased a package that’s part of offering_123, the presented_offering_id will be set to offering_123. That lets you know which offering they saw (and thus, which experiment group they were in) when they purchased the package.

Badge +5

Ok what I was looking for was a way for me to know for each user, even the ones that didn’t purchase, which test group they were in. So that I can compare the performance of the two different groups. Maybe a good idea for the future :)