Skip to main content
Solved

Does RC Paywall handle discounted first year?

• 12 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m interested in setting up two introductory offers. First, the user will get 7 days free, then the user will get a discounted first year (e.g. $50), then the user gets charged the full price for the second year (e.g. $100). Pretty sure I can set all this up in Apple and Google. Will RC’s Paywalls handle this with variables? For example, will RC detect if the user is eligible for either/both the intro offers (e.g. a free week and a discounted first year) and display the correct pricing via variables on the paywall? 

As far as I can see, I don’t see variables that handle different prices for different years. I only see one price. Does RC variables handle this multiple intro offers scenario? Like, using variables, can I get the paywall to say something like “$50 for first year, then $100 per year after that”? Or does RC just display the discounted first year, and it’s up to Apple to display that the second year will go up in price during Apple’s checkout process? 

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Or does RC just display the discounted first year, and it’s up to Apple to display that the second year will go up in price during Apple’s checkout process? 

This is correct. We currently don’t have different variables for multiple intro offers, but I can send this to our Paywalls team as a feature request on your behalf.

Badge +8

Thanks Ryan, that’s helpful! As far as I understand it (I actually just asked about this in Sub Club, still waiting for a response), Apple only permits one intro offer. So they way you have it set up might be good. Google does however permit two intro offers, so you may want to add this functionality, just keep in mind that it will only be functional for Google products. That’s pretty confusing!