Skip to main content
Question

Cannot generate In App Purchase Key

I am unable to create an In App Purchase Key that meets the validation requirements of RevenueCat. I am following these instructions: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/service-credentials/itunesconnect-app-specific-shared-secret/in-app-purchase-key-configuration

Similar to this thread, I have suddenly notified that my In App Purchase Key is no longer valid (despite being valid for the past few months without any alternation this end)

I am hitting multiple issues when attempting to (re)generate the key.

(1) When I visit AppStoreConnect → Users and Access → Integrations its missing the sidebar (when compared to the RC docomentation).

(2) The documentation doesn’t indicate which level of access is needed when generating the key. I’ve assumed “developer”? I see some people in this thread mention it should be App Manager, but the RC staff member suggests it does not matter. 

(3) The generated key is the wrong format according to RC. It says it must start with SubscriptKey_xxxx.p8 but the downloaded API key is AuthKey_xxxx.p8

This is all quite confusing, considering everything has been working up until now.

This post has been closed for comments

10 replies

Badge +1

I have the same problem. Is it an issue on Apple’s side?

Badge

+1 I am seeing the same issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have the same problem. Is it an issue on Apple’s side?

I’m not too sure, but it seems odd that it was all working recently but suddenly RC has requested updated keys. As far as I understand, the in-app purchase keys have no inherit expiry

Badge

I am also having the same problem.

Badge +2

+1
Same problem there

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The navigation links on the left side are not displayed (seems to be an Apple’s issue). But you can access the page by following this link :

https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/access/integrations/api/subs

Badge

Thanks a lot @julienvh, now there is also another issue on Apple’s site: How to get vendor number because doc’s suggests Payments and Financial Reports section and the page is unavailable right now:

Opened a thread about it, if you are in the same situation :

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The navigation links on the left side are not displayed (seems to be an Apple’s issue). But you can access the page by following this link :

https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/access/integrations/api/subs

Thanks - this does work.

However, it seems like RevenueCat’s validation is broken and I can’t click “Save changes” despite everything being valid.

In this other thread community.revenuecat.com/sdks-51/in-app-purchase-key-configuration-3934?postid=14767#post14767 a RC staff member mentioned it was fixed, but it still looks broken.

@joshdholtz Can you shed any light on how it was fixed in this other thread?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi all,

The issue generating In App Purchase Key it’s a bug on Apple’s frontend side and we’ve already report it so I assume it will get fixed soon.

You can still generate it through this link.

If you have troubles hitting save changes, try to refill everything in the In-app purchases key configuration section. This should do the trick!

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi all,

The issue generating In App Purchase Key it’s a bug on Apple’s frontend side and we’ve already report it so I assume it will get fixed soon.

You can still generate it through this link.

If you have troubles hitting save changes, try to refill everything in the In-app purchases key configuration section. This should do the trick!

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks @joan-cardona . I had to expand all the collapsed accordions, the “vendor number” under “App Store Connect API” was failing validation.

Ideally the UI should surface validation errors if they are hidden within a collapsed accordion.

Looks to be fixed now regardless.