Question

Trying to figure out the meta ads integration with SKAN and FBSDK

Badge +3

I’m hoping to get some clarification on how the Meta Ads Integration works. Our app consists of only subscriptions and we currently have the integration set up where we can see the events Trial Start and Subscription in the Meta Datasource. We have configured the events for SKADNetwork in the settings in the meta platform and I can see that the idfas and idfvs are properly being collected in the customer list on revcats platform. Our code (swift ios15+ app) in the application(didfinishlaunching:) has the ApplicationDelegate.shared.application(...) function then Purchases.configure(...) , collectDeviceIdentifiers(),setFBAnonymousId(...). I can see that we are successfully getting both subscription and trial start events, but why will our campaign not show any conversions in ads manager? What am I missing?

2 replies

Badge +3

Also trying to understand how SKAN interacts with Meta and RevenueCat. When RevenueCat confirms the trial start and sends the conversion to Meta through the integration, will this be where the campaign conversion events comes from? Do i also need to add the FBSDK event for trial starts?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, 

I can see that we are successfully getting both subscription and trial start events, but why will our campaign not show any conversions in ads manager? What am I missing?

In order to have RevenueCat send events to Facebook, you’ll need to have your app running the Facebook SDK and have the proper identifiers set for users ($idfa and $fbAnonId for iOS, $gpsAdId for Android), and ATT consent status must not be denied. See our docs here for sending events to the ads manager: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/integrations/attribution/facebook-ads#3-send-revenuecat-events-into-facebook-ads-manager

Also trying to understand how SKAN interacts with Meta and RevenueCat. 

RevenueCat does not use nor set the SKAN values. SKAN signals need to be triggered from the device itself since these are Apple-specific and as far as we know there aren't any server-side APIs that can be used for this.

When RevenueCat confirms the trial start and sends the conversion to Meta through the integration, will this be where the campaign conversion events comes from? Do i also need to add the FBSDK event for trial starts?

Yes to both, your app needs to run the Facebook SDK in order for RevenueCat to integrate with Facebook. Please see our docs for more details: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/integrations/attribution/facebook-ads#1-install-facebook-sdk