Skip to main content

I am launching an app with a subscription offering. I currently have an e-commerce site built using Shopify. I am selling subscriptions on the Shopify site using the Bold Subscriptions Add-On, with Shopify Payments as the gateway.

Bold offers webhooks for subscription events. I was thinking that I could pass these webhooks through my backend to the RC API...but...I don’t see RC endpoints for subscription events like cancel, so maybe this is not a viable solution?

Is it possible to integrate the subscriptions sold on the Shopify site with RevenueCat? Am I missing a simpler solution here?

Thanks!

Hey @WillG!

No Shopify integration at the moment. Typically Shopify is used for e-commerce and RevenueCat is used for in-app purchases so there usually isn’t a lot of overlap in the types of subscriptions.

If you want to keep track of who has a Shopify subscription in RevenueCat you could use promotional entitlements API and grant an Entitlement to someone whenever their Shopify subscription starts or renews: https://docs.revenuecat.com/reference/grant-a-promotional-entitlement

Hi Ryan,

We are in a similar scenario where we want to connect Shopify with RevenueCat. Did you implement any solution, or do you have plans to do so? Alternatively, do you know if connecting it through Stripe would be an option?

Thank you very much!

Hey @pagina-237262,

We don’t currently have a Shopify integration, and the solution I would recommend is similar to Ryan’s previous one using promotional entitlements. 

Regarding your question, I’m not certain if Shopify can integrate easily Stripe - I’m not super familiar with Shopify or the plugins/integrations that it supports, but it believe it is its’ own payment processor so it may not allow connecting to Stripe.

Thanks Katilin, we’ll look into that.