Question

Reporting Stripe subscriptions as Firebase web revenue

• 13 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hello RevenueCat Community,

We've been using RevenueCat for our iOS, Android, and web apps, and we primarily use Firebase as our backend for all 3 apps. We've set up the RevenueCat’s Firebase integration (not the Firebase extension) by following the documentation provided here. The document seems to indicate that events for all 3 sources (App Store/Play Store/Stripe) can be sent to Google Analytics.

We see the revenue data for our iOS and Android apps in the Firebase dashboard. However, we've noticed that the revenue for our web app, which is processed through Stripe, is missing. We do see the web app revenue on the RevenueCat dashboard, but it's not showing up in Firebase.

We've double-checked the setup and believe that we've followed the integration steps correctly, but we're still not able to see the web app revenue in Firebase. Is there an additional step or configuration required for Stripe payments that's not covered in the documentation?

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Bryson Thill ,

Can you please ensure that you are Setting a correct app instance ID for these Stripe transactions? Setting an incorrect app instance ID will prevent events from displaying in Google Analytics.

More information about this can be found here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/firebase-integration#set-firebaseappinstanceid-as-a-subscriber-attribute

Badge +6

Thanks for the response @Michael Fogel! This does seem like an issue with the app instance ID not being set. However, since we forward Stripe subscriptions from our server to RevenueCat through the REST API, I’m not sure how to specify the app instance ID. Any idea if this is possible to do using the REST API? As far as I can tell from inspecting event data in RC, the app instance ID is not part of the event payload.

Badge +6

Just checking in on this. :) Is there any official way to provide the app instance id to RevenueCat when transactions are sent to the POST receipt endpoint

Badge +6

Is there any way I can get a response to the inquiry above? It’s been about 2 months -- is there another support channel I should be going through?