Skip to main content
Solved

GDPR: should the customer history populated from the Firebase integration be deleted?

• 26 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

In order to conform with GDPR, when a user deletes his account, should we also delete the data populated in Firestore by the RevenueCat extension i.e data populated in the “events” and “customers” collections?

For instance, I could easily delete “/customers/{app_user_ids}” documents but it gets tricky when I need to delete “/customers/{$RCAnonymousIDS}” documents because I would need to do a search in all these documents to target the ones that contain an “alias” to the app_user_id in question. Similarly, I would need to do the same for the “events” collection and i was wondering if I could avoid doing that and just not delete any of the data in “customers” and “events” collections and still comply with GDPR, could you please clarify?

Br, 
Nader

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If you delete the user from RevenueCat in response to a GDPR delete request, you should probably delete that data from Firestore. The same goes for events. Please see here for RevenueCat’s policy on GDPR: https://www.revenuecat.com/gdpr/

For instance, I could easily delete “/customers/{app_user_ids}” documents but it gets tricky when I need to delete “/customers/{$RCAnonymousIDS}” documents because I would need to do a search in all these documents to target the ones that contain an “alias” to the app_user_id in question.

Unfortunately I don’t know if there’s an easier way to look them up.