Question

Unable to see benefits for subscription (play store) (flutter)

• 17 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4
Offerings offerings = await Purchases.getOfferings();
Offering? offering = offerings.current;
List<StoreProduct> prds = await Purchases.getProducts(['identifier']);

print("products " + jsonEncode(prds));
print("packages " + jsonEncode(offering?.availablePackages));
  • have added benefits to the subscription in play store dev console
  • in the flutter app when fetching packages or products like above, i am missing description and benefits 

is there a different SDK API that i need to look into ?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @manasa!

In general, the sandbox environments behave nearly identical to the production environments. That being said, we recommend to test only the flow of a purchase in sandbox mode, and not metadata-related tests on products. This is because:

1. Store APIs often do not return accurate prices across regions (including in TestFlight on iOS)
  2. Store APIs often do not return accurate names and descriptions for products

While the production environment is generally mode stable than the sandbox environment, we're not able to provide support on why store APIs are not up to date at any given moment. In this case, I’d recommend including a default / backup set of descriptions for your products that describe the products generally.

Badge +4

Hey @manasa!

In general, the sandbox environments behave nearly identical to the production environments. That being said, we recommend to test only the flow of a purchase in sandbox mode, and not metadata-related tests on products. This is because:

1. Store APIs often do not return accurate prices across regions (including in TestFlight on iOS)
  2. Store APIs often do not return accurate names and descriptions for products

While the production environment is generally mode stable than the sandbox environment, we're not able to provide support on why store APIs are not up to date at any given moment. In this case, I’d recommend including a default / backup set of descriptions for your products that describe the products generally.

thanks cody.

would require an app release to comply with the idea of changing descriptions etc.., for products.

or have a custom server API which returns the list

@cody Hi Cody, it would be nice if you could provide a bit more detail rather than just cut/paste some general information.

Would you be able to provide a JSON example of how the google “benefits” will be returned?  Or provide a link to a RevenueCat document that has those details?

Also, … “In this case, I’d recommend including a default / backup set of descriptions for your products that describe the products generally.”

It would be great if RevenueCat provide the ability to add this meta data and then return it in the getOfferiings or getProducts calls.

Cheers, phudl master.