Solved

The subscriber has reached the max number of apple receipts...

• 2 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I have been sandbox testing for a while with the same sandbox user.  Though when I used another sandbox user I ran into the error “There was an unknown backend error. The subscriber has reached the max number of Apple receipts allowed (7636).  Then I cleared all sandbox users purchase history in App Store Connect, but ran into the same error when trying to subscribe with the new user. Though I could make a subscription using the original sandbox tester. My next move was to delete the original sandbox user in App Store Connect, but I still ran in to the same error (7636) when using a new sandbox tester.  But the  new sandbox users had a subscription, as I could see in App Store on the test device.  After reinstalling the app and restoring the new sandbox users subscription the app worked as intended.

So my questions are:

Is the error originating from RevenueCats backend or App Store?

Can you clear the sandbox purchase history in RevenueCat?

I realise it is highly unlikely to run into this problem in production environment, my original sandbox user must have subscribed at least 100 year.

Regards,

Tomas 

icon

Best answer by Yousef 3 February 2023, 23:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Tomas,

Is the error originating from RevenueCats backend or App Store?

RevenueCat, the max receipt limit is in place to protect you from thousands of customers sharing the same login or potential bugs in your app if you set a non-unique App User ID.

Can you clear the sandbox purchase history in RevenueCat?

You can delete the customer from the RC dashboard.

Badge +5

Thanks för your answer Yousef.

Regards Tomas.

Badge +5

https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/apple-app-store#deleting-test-users