Solved

The item you requested is not available for purchase.

• 18 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am currently using Flutter with real android device.  I recently switched to using “Google Subscription Model v2”. I followed RevenueCat instructions over here

When I upload my Flutter app to Google play store internal testing, then download the app from play store to my real Android device, I am able to make  subscriptions without any problem.  On the hand, if I run my Flutter app through the command line using “flutter run”, then when I try to make subscription, I get this error: “The item you requested is not available for purchase.”.  Here is a screen shot.

I am able to see the subscriptions with no problem on my screen.  I only can’t make purchase.

I don’t want to deploy my app to internal testing in play store to test my code as this is so slow.  Is there a better solution.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Aimn Blbol 26 December 2022, 04:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello,

It’s good that it works in internal testing. That means the issue is in your local configuration somewhere. Can you check a couple of things?

1. If you’re running on the emulator, make sure it has Google Play installed.
  2. Make sure you’re logged in to the same Google account as the one that works in internal testing.
  3. Try building and running directly from Android Studio instead of using flutter run.
Badge +1

Hi, sorry for my late reply.  I was out.  Ok, so I had a good feeling that the reason purchasing was not working is because I did not release the app to Google play store closed or open testing.  So I gave this a shot.  I uploaded the app to closed testing and once the “App got approved”, purchasing started working locally without the need to download the app from the store.  So this is the trick for Google Play Store.  As for the App Store, you can start testing the purchase functionality without having to upload your app to testing.

Thanks

But in my case the development build is showing the error when I try to purchase but it works fine when downloaded from play store but how would i test it if this will happen. Why the dev build is not completing the purchases.

Though the offerings are fetched correctly but the purchases are not working

Badge +3

But in my case the development build is showing the error when I try to purchase but it works fine when downloaded from play store but how would i test it if this will happen. Why the dev build is not completing the purchases.

Though the offerings are fetched correctly but the purchases are not working

having same problem, i had to code the purchase app entirely blindly, unable to use local debugger.

sent to closed testing, added a bunch of users and still nothing.

checked for accounts, still cant purchase.

i only have one account that can purchase under closed testing.. so couldnt even test locally. Theres something wrong… cuz on my iphone, it works fine locally, testflight and account.