Skip to main content
Question

sub_offer_duration not allowed in CTA

• 16 July 2024
  • 2 replies

The doc says:

To address this with RevenueCat Paywalls, consider using sub_offer_price and sub_offer_duration in either your package details or your CTA to ensure that the introductory offer is clearly disclosed.

In the paywall editor:

Variable "sub_offer_duration" is not allowed in this field.

This seems an odd and unecessary restriction.

So I’m not sure where to put this information. The “Call to action for an introductory offer” does not display in the preview so how are you supposed to do this generically? Where do you put the cancel anytime? Where do you inform people of the free trial?

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Which template/field are you referring to? And could you post a screenshot? You should be able to add this variable virtually anywhere that accepts a variable input. (Also, have you seen this display toggle?)

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I figured out it doesn’t work in the CTA as suggested. You need to use the introductory offer CTA. I decided to put the information in the package anyway. 

BTW, you really need to update the example code. The swiftui example code is years old and doesn’t show using the new paywall mechanism. I’m afraid people might think the old way is the right way. Using this new system is fantastically simpler than hand coding everything.