Question

React Native SDK - Xcode and Billing Library

• 19 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I’m, trying to upgrade my app to use Billing Library 4 for Android as per the new requirements for updates on Google.  However, the new 4.0 version of the Revenucat SDK for React doesn’t run on a clean IOS build with the SDK installed - throwing loads of errors. So, two quick questions for you all:

Q1: Does the Version 4.0 of the Revenuecat React Native SDK need me to upgrade my Xcode to 14? (i’m on Xcode 13)

Q2: Version 3.3 of the Revenuecat React Native SDK works fine for IOS. However, does it use the Billing Library 4 that I need?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello!

Version 4.0.0 of the React Native SDK doesn’t require you to update Xcode 14.

To get Billing client 4 you should use version 4.3.0 of the sdk or newer https://github.com/RevenueCat/react-native-purchases/releases/tag/4.3.0

Can you share some of the build issues you’re getting?

Badge +4

Hi Sharif,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I have just done a clean react-native init to set up a project (react native 0.70.6) and run the default app onto IOS simulator with no problems.

I then installed the latest revenuecat SDK on the project:

npm install --save react-native-purchases

npx pod-install ios

When I then try and build my project, i’m getting a big stream of hundreds of errors. Mainly saying that the code is only available in iOS 15.0.0 or newer. e.g.s:

“error: concurrency is only available in iOS 15.0.0 or newer”

“error: 'Task' is only available in iOS 15.0 or newer”

I’m on Xcode 13.0 and macOS 11.6 and building onto an iPhone 13 simulator with iOS 15. It builds my other projects onto iOS 15 fine with no problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey Paul,

Sorry for the delay here! If you’re still seeing this issue, what is the Minimum Deployment of the project in Xcode? I have Xcode 14 but check the following screenshot for what I’m referring to. (Note that I’m not using React Native and the project below is not a real app, it’s just one I use to demo and test RevenueCat.)

You may have to update your Xcode if possible, I have seen that cause issues for other developers as well.

Badge +4

Hi Sharif,

Apologies for the delay my end - I was on vacation!  Back now trying to solve this.

I’m on Xcode 13 so it looks a bit different, but the Deployment Info says 12.4 and IOS deployment Target is 12.4.

What do I need to set this to? 

Thanks,

Paul