Question

React Native Hard Paywall

• 14 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I need a Hard Paywall with React Native. The close button causes a lot of problems.

One solution is to create a button that says “Next” that will launch the Paywall if needed.

This some what works, but the user is still allowed to close the paywall after they pay, and while its still processing the payment which takes up to 15 seconds. Then the flow is completely mixed up. I don’t get any feedback until the payment has completed and changed their entitlement.

Is there any solution for this?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @VR93,

Would it help if you could hide the paywall close button and dismiss it yourself? I can check with the team if this is on our roadmap.

Badge +3

Is it possible for RN users to dismiss your paywall? I thought that part was made in Swift, so I didn’t think there was a way for me to control it.

Right now I have an “Activate” button that you can’t get past until you pay. This is a valid work around, the problem I’m seeing is that users can easily accidentally dismiss the paywall WHILE the payment is processing.

While I think having a Hard Paywall is absolutely essential down the road, a more immediate solution would be to simply disable the close button while the payment is processing. That would solve the major problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @VR93,

Very sorry for the delay here! It looks like we’ve shipped a fix for this (we now disable the X button during a purchase) on the latest React Native SDK. Can you update and let me know if it works for you?

Badge +3

Hey @VR93,

Very sorry for the delay here! It looks like we’ve shipped a fix for this (we now disable the X button during a purchase) on the latest React Native SDK. Can you update and let me know if it works for you?

That’s not a hard paywall because you can dismiss by swiping down