Question

Question about StoreKit2 isEligibleForIntroOffer testing with sandbox users

Badge +1

I have a question about the StoreKit 2 isEligibleForIntroOffer behavior when testing with a sandbox user.

On my iPhone I’m logged in with a sandbox user (via Settings > App Store > Sandbox Account) where I’ve cleared the purchase history via App Store Connect > Users.

When I run my code on the device, the “StoreKit 1” way of determining if a user is eligible for a free trial for a renewable subscription (see “Determine Eligibility” section in Implementing Introductory Offers in Your App) works as expected. 

However, when I use the product.subscription.isEligibleForIntroOffer or Product.SubscriptionInfo.isEligibleForIntroOffer(for:) function with StoreKit 2, they both return false,  even though this should be true since the receipt has been cleared.

I was wondering if anyone has come across this too when testing with a Sandbox User...where isEligibleForIntroOffer doesn’t return the correct value.

Code-wise, I’m using very similar logic found in RevenueCat’s project: TrialOrIntroPriceEligibilityChecker.swift

0 replies

Be the first to reply!