Question

offerings are empty when using amazon app store and flutter

• 19 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hello

we are hitting a deadend when we try to retrieve offerings when using flutter and amazon

our flutter package purchases version is 4.0.0

and we are using amazon.alpha4

we tried everything possible to get the offerings but everything failed, I have read the community posts here, and tried github posts on revenuecat repository, and I couldn’t find any information or fixes.

We tried using the app with live app testing and with app tester on amazon and both didn’t work.

here is the console:

D/[Purchases] - DEBUG( 4941): ℹ️ Products request finished with result SUCCESSFUL
D/[Purchases] - DEBUG( 4941): ℹ️ Retrieved productData: {}
D/[Purchases] - DEBUG( 4941): ℹ️ Product data is empty
D/c       ( 4941): In App Purchasing SDK - Sandbox Mode: sendGetUserDataRequest
D/c       ( 4941): In App Purchasing SDK - Sandbox Mode: handleResponse
D/[Purchases] - DEBUG( 4941): ℹ️ User data request finished with result SUCCESSFUL
D/[Purchases] - DEBUG( 4941): ℹ️ Requesting Amazon products with identifiers: cvium_sub_1month_0.99, CVium_sub_3month_1.49, CVium_sub_6month_1.99, 1month, CVium_All_Subs_1month, CVium_All_Subs_3month, CVium_All_Subs_6month, CVium_All_Subs
D/c       ( 4941): In App Purchasing SDK - Sandbox Mode: sendItemDataRequest
D/c       ( 4941): In App Purchasing SDK - Sandbox Mode: handleResponse
D/[Purchases] - DEBUG( 4941): ℹ️ Products request finished with result SUCCESSFUL
D/[Purchases] - DEBUG( 4941): ℹ️ Retrieved productData: {}
D/[Purchases] - DEBUG( 4941): ℹ️ Product data is empty

We also tried older version of the RC sdk and amazon.alpha3 and we got the same issue.

are we missing anything here, or there is an actual bug?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Let me ask the SDK team for input here

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, sorry for the delay! Here’s is what our mobile engineers say:

If they’re testing locally (which seems to be the case because of the “sandbox” messages in the logs), the likely culprit is that they’re missing products in the json.

As a reminder, in Amazon, when testing locally, you need to set up the AppTester app from Amazon, and in AppTester you need to upload a json file with all the products. You can download a ready-to-use json file from the Amazon developer console.

And as a second reminder, with sandbox you should be able to display the products (assuming AppTester is installed, sandbox mode is enabled and the products json is correctly uploaded), but purchases won’t be validated by our backend

Badge +1

Hey @sharif , I have similar problem.

I am currently facing an issue while trying to implement the RevenueCat SDK in a Flutter project for the Amazon App Store. I have followed the documentation provided for integrating RevenueCat with Flutter, but I am encountering errors during the process. (https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/flutter#amazon-appstore)

Issue:
The problem arises when I add the RevenueCat SDK dependencies to my Flutter project as instructed in the documentation. After adding these dependencies, running flutter run results in errors.

Code:

purchases_flutter:
git:
url: git://github.com/revenuecat/purchases-flutter.git
ref: amazon.alpha.3

Error:

Git error. Command: git fetch
stdout:
stderr: fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
github.com[0: 140.82.121.3]: errno=Operation timed out