Skip to main content
Question

Next payment amount for running subscription

• 24 July 2024
  • 2 replies

In my app, I want to display to an existing subscriber the date and the amount they will be charged next. 

From customerInfo.entitlements I can get the next charge date through expirationDate, but there's no "amount" in the entitlements object as far as I can see.

I know I can get the subscription price from the offering/package, but here's my use-case:

• I set a subscription price
  • Some users subscribe against that price
  • I change subscription price in AppStoreConnect, but only for new subscribers (existing subscribers will stay at the price they always paid). 
  • So now the offering/package will contain the new price, which is not the price the existing subscriber will be charged.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Guido

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, for this case I would recommend that you then get the price from the older purchase of the customer via our REST APIv2 endpoint ‘Get a list of purchases associated with a customer’ where you can get the price from the previous subscription. In order to use this you will need to enroll in our APIv2 beta here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/api-v2#tag/Overview-(v2)/Beta-Interest

Badge +3

OK. Thank you. I'll give that a try.