Question

Multiple Subscriptions per account

• 29 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

My app has a paywall post login - I need to be able to have the following :

Person A has a google/apple account - uses App Account A - needs a subscription

Person B has a google/apple account - uses App Account A - needs a subscription

Person A has a google account - has Account A and Account B - needs a subscription for both

is this possible with RevenueCat?

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

RevenueCat uses App User Ids to make sure the correct subscription goes the right user and it’s not abused by multiple accounts benefiting from 1 purchase. Here’s the documentation to learn about user ids, how to set them up correctly and how to handle log in, log outs and restores.
The SDK throws an error when one person is trying to use the same purchase for 2 different accounts. The limitation though, comes from Apple/Google where they don’t allow buying the same subscription twice at the same time. So the subscription for Account B would have to be purchased from a different store account than person’s A one. There are some workarounds that could be possible - you could set up subscription groups for Apple: https://www-origin.revenuecat.com/blog/engineering/ios-subscription-groups-explained/
But there isn't anything equivalent for Google. Google Play accounts can have multiple subscriptions simultaneously, but they wouldn't be able to have the same one. 

I hope this helps!