Skip to main content
Solved

Multiple "granted entitlement"?

• 27 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I observed a weird behavior with RC where it logged a lot of "granted entitlement" entries. I usually use this REST API RevenueCat Entitlements to grant promotions to some users, then use this REST API RevenueCat Grant a Promotional Entitlement to revoke the promotion under certain conditions.

When I checked the Entitlements section, I realized there were a lot of "Granted entitlement" entries displayed (please check the attachments).

That led to a lot of CANCELLATION events coming to my webhook when I revoked that user's entitlement.

​​​​​

I considered this abnormal as it is not necessary to send many CANCELATION event, and as I remember, if I grant the same entitlement to one user, there should be one active production with the duration is sum of all granted time, now, it is divided to multiple products with the same name

I wonder if there was something changed on RC side? Or this behaviour configurable.

Thank you in advance
Regards

This post has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @dat-nguyen-4cfd26,

Thanks for reporting. We did ship some changes to how we handle granted entitlement revocations last week. Previously, when revoking a granted entitlement from the dashboard or API, we would completely delete the granted entitlement from our records, so the history of that subscriber was lost. After the change, we now keep the history.

The issues you describe are two different ones, but both related to this change.

When I checked the Entitlements section, I realized there were a lot of "Granted entitlement" entries displayed (please check the attachments).

This is somewhat expected since we’re now keeping the history of past expired entitlements, but I can see how this is inconvenient and not very helpful. I’ve passed the feedback to the team, and we’ll make some changes there in the next few days.

That led to a lot of CANCELLATION events coming to my webhook when I revoked that user's entitlement.

This was a regression caused by the change and made us send cancellation events for granted entitlements that were already expired in some cases. This issue was much more noticeable for developers who make intensive use of the revoke granted entitlements API, which seems to be your case.

This bug was fixed a couple of hours ago, so you shouldn’t see more occurrences of this issue from now on, but let us now if that’s not the case.

I hope this answer your questions. Apologies for the inconvenience and let me know if there’s anything else we can help you with. 

Thanks,

Antonio

Badge

Hi @antonio 

Thanks for explanation.

the history of that subscriber was lost. After the change, we now keep the history.

In my opinion, I think it would be great if we consider some option to enable/disable this feature as some “entitlement” will be granted/revoked multiple times during the user's lifetime.

I had just have a quick check, it is working fine now.

Thanks for your support
Regards
Dat Nguyen.

Badge +2

Noted, I’ll pass the feedback to the team.