MAUI Support for RevenueCat

• 16 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

We published MAUI bindings for Android and iOS:

I am aware, that the version bound is already a bit outdated. We are going to upgrade to the most recent SDKs in the near future.

These MAUI bindings are created based on the Xamarin bindings we did before:

6 replies

Badge +2

Any updates on this?  I’ve just spent about 6 or 7 hours trying to get these to work with a MAUI application and haven’t had any luck, these don’t seem to work with current versions of MAUI, and trying to update them myself opened up a can of worms about xamarin interop I’d prefer not to dig into…

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@cameron-vetter-65cc52 Do you need the most recent sdks, or just something that works with MAUI?

Badge +2

Yes, to both.  I found that the MAUI binding above did not work with the latest MAUI android 33 SDK, they both want to bring in different versions of Xamarin.Google.Crypto.Tink.Android, the SDK forces 1.7.0.1, the bindings want > 1.8

In addition, the Tonestro.Maui.Kotlin.Parcelize.Runtime has namespace conflicts with the current SDK, once I saw that the code for that wasn’t on github I gave up…

I ended up pivoting to an open source solution for MAUI, but I would give this another look if something that worked was available. 

Badge +1

@cameron-vetter-65cc52  We have created this MAUI wrapper around Android and iOS bindings:

https://github.com/Kebechet/Maui.RevenueCat.InAppBilling

iOS binding is ours and Android one is from @Christian Kapplmüller

So you can take a look. It is also released as a nuget and works in our deployed app in both stores.

Badge +2

Thank you for sharing that, that sounds like what I’m looking for! I’ll give it a try first thing tomorrow.

Badge +2

Just to follow up these bindings work great, right now at this moment with the latest MAUI release.  These got me 99% of the way there and now I’m just focusing on using the platform instead of messing with bindings.  

Thanks a lot for sharing!