Question

License test in closed test on Play Store

• 29 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I have set up my app, with an auto-renewing subscription in a closed test track on Play Store with myself as License tester, and then downloaded the app on my test device. All subscriptions features seems to work fine, I can subscribe, cancel a subscription, restore a subscription  and all actions are reflected in RC backend in the  sandbox overview.  But I am curious about the options one finds in Google Play Store>Configuration>License test page.  I choose the ERROR_CONTACTING_SERVER as response and saved, my expectation was to get an error in the app when buying a new subscription. But no the purchase of a new subscription went well. 

So my question is how are these response options on the License test page linked to the RC SDK?

Regards Tomas

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @Tomas M,

According to Google’s docs this is a “local” error: https://developer.android.com/google/play/licensing/licensing-reference#:~:text=local%20error%20%E2%80%94%20the%20google%20play%20application%20was%20not%20able%20to%20reach%20the%20licensing%20server%2C%20possibly%20because%20of%20network%20availability%20problems.

So it sounds like it won't actually prevent purchases from going through. It may simply be a validation check which RevenueCat does server side.

Badge +5

Hey Sharif,

Thanks for your answer.

Best Regards

Tomas