Solved

iOS 15.4 Redeem Cod bug

Badge +1

Hey All,

We’re noticed a bug appear on devices running iOS 15.4 having issues when trying to present the store code redemption sheet using the RevenueCat iOS SDK (3.14.1).

Purchases.shared.presentCodeRedemptionSheet()

The presentation sheet appears, however the expected redeem code page is missing. Instead we’re presented with a “Cannot Connect” with the retry button not performing any action.

This is repeatable on all devices running 15.4 and only appears after the update from 15.3.1.

Does migrating to the the most recent 4.1.0 release fix this issue for devices on iOS 15.4?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Andy 22 March 2022, 20:36

View original

32 replies

Badge +5

Hi @Andy thanks for the tip re: Option 2. We tried it and the redemption flow works smoothly, but when we open the app afterwards, the entitlement doesn’t appear in the RevenueCat API so the app appears as if the user is not upgraded.

Is there something else we need to do to make this work? Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In order for that to work, you need to make sure you set up a listener for updates: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/customer-info#listening-for-customerinfo-updates

Badge +5

Thanks @Andy. We have a listener set up, but it’s still not registering for some reason…I also looked up the customer on RevenueCat and confirmed the code was successfully applied there.

Is there anything else we need to do? (The old redemption code sheet worked fine for us pre-iOS 15.) Thanks!

Badge +2

Hi! It’s been working perfectly since this issue was marked as SOLVED, but I’ve started receiving complains from users of my app getting this exact same message. I’ve the latest RevenueCat update from CocoaPods in my app, and the users that are complaining about this are on iOS 16.3. Is anyone facing the same issues? Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@balsalobre the promo code redemption sheet has proven to be unreliable over the years, unfortunately, so I’m not surprised. 

We’ve stopped recommending its use and instead we recommend having the users redeem codes by opening a link with the code filled in. 

Instructions for how to do that are available here:

https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/ios-subscription-offers#option-1-in-app-redemption-sheet

Badge +2

@balsalobre the promo code redemption sheet has proven to be unreliable over the years, unfortunately, so I’m not surprised. 

We’ve stopped recommending its use and instead we recommend having the users redeem codes by opening a link with the code filled in. 

Instructions for how to do that are available here:

https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/ios-subscription-offers#option-1-in-app-redemption-sheet

Awesome, thanks Andy. Funny thing is that I did that in a previous release but changed to the “integrated” option because I liked the UX better. Will go back to AppStore links.

Cheers!

Badge +2

Hey folks,

Just an update on this – I followed the advice in the documentation to make my own code redemption sheet, but unfortunately App Review rejected my app due to it.

I built a sheet for people to enter a code, with a ‘redeem on the App Store’ button which would open the App Store app with the code prefilled, and they rejected it for saying I was circumventing the normal redemption flow. I went back and forth with them over a few days, trying to explain that I wasn’t circumventing the App Store, but they refused to budge and I ended up removing it to unblock my release.

Of course, none of this is RevenueCat’s fault or responsibility, I’m just mentioning it for the record if anybody else comes across the same issue.