Question

How to create a sandbox api key?

Badge +5

I didn’t find how to create a sandbox only api key. Is it possible?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Patricia Wong!

RevenueCat uses the same API key for sandbox and production purchases - you’ll find your API keys in the `API Keys` tab in your project settings: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/authentication

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @cody , is there indication when this will be separated? And when separate webhooks for test/production will be supported?

Badge +2

For data security reasons this would be very important to keep production data out of the sandbox  API during development. We would like to give our devs a sandbox API key so they can test everything but guarantee they do not break the production data.

Maybe a different option is then to create a 2nd RC account? This makes it harder to guarantee that the different environments use the same offerings defintions.

Badge

I am also looking for this info. How do you set up a full sandbox env for dev purposes, including API access? 

Badge +3

I want to echo that having API access to sandbox data would is important for keeping dev and prod data separate. @cody I would like to know if there are any plans to access the sandbox data via the API.