Skip to main content

Normally we have single android and ios app in the store with unique bundle Id or google package id. But we can create multiple flavors by suffixing desired name to the main package id. However creating apps in project in RevenueCat requires App Bundle Id or Google Play package depending upon the platform. So is there any way one can use same subscriptions defined in the store for multiple flavors ?

Hi @Willow - there are a couple of ways to achieve this. You can create the different flavors as new apps, all within the same project. Each app will have a different bundle ID and credentials, and you’ll import your products for each app. Or, you can create separate projects instead, which will fully separate things between dev and production environments.

Thank you @jeffrey_bunn for the reply but my concern was more on related to do we need to push/publish those flavorized mobile builds as well to stores (google play or appstore) ? Then only we will be able to define separate subscription products and pull the products right? 

Consider situation where I already have my mobile app with google package name or app bundle Id with unique id com.example.app in the respective stores. Subscription Products are also already defined in those stores. Now either by creating apps/projects to correspond com.example.app in RevenueCat, I can pull those defined products and display in app. This is all good.

But now the situation is I create different flavor of an app eg: com.example.app.dev. For this flavor, I do not want to push/publish in the stores (so need to re create products). I simply want to use those already defined subscription products from the store of com.example.app. So what I want to do is I to create app/project in RevenueCat and configure with com.example.app.dev but wants to have products of com.example.app. Is it possible ?

I also found another question from community. I hope you understand the context here

Let me know if there is any work around to this. Because just for such kind of flavors, we do not treat them as separate mobile apps. Its just part of the main app.

Hi @Willow,

I saw your comment on the linked post and replied here: