Solved

How and when experiments start to count the customer

• 18 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hello,

I have a game with a weekly subscription model. I want to experiment if replacing subscription model with consumables would make an improvement. 

Currently, customers subscribe to the weekly package and play unlimited number of games until they cancel their subscription. In the new model, each game will cost 1 coin, and my offering will show 1 Coin, 5 Coin and 10 Coin packages to the customers.

The main concern I have is the existing customers that has an active subscription. These customers should not included in the experiment as they purchased the package before the experiment but still paying weekly amount.

My question is:

1. When does an existing and new customers enter the experiment? 
    • Is it when Purchases SDK initialised?
    • Is it when getOffering is called?
    • Somewhere else? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Jens 20 June 2023, 04:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @berk , you don’t need to worry about customers with existing subscriptions since only new customers are enrolled in experiments. The enrollment happens whenever a new customer is created, which can happen when the Purchases SDK is initialized (if not providing an app user ID or if providing an app user ID that RevenueCat has never seen) and when logIn() is called (if providing an app user ID that RevenueCat has never seen).