Question

Google Payment pending issues

• 6 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Most all of my subscription after trial activation go into Payment pending and are stuck there while my subscriptions stay active, over time they auto cancel for billing error.

I am having the same issue but despite of checking for acknowledgement on the next app startup, the payment is still pending.

RevenueCat(s), can I somehow manually call the Google billing api to send the ack back to the Google billing system? Does RevenueCat offer a call that I can make via the API or SDK?

I saw this but it is not answering my question

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Angelina Ilieva!

Are you initializing the Purchases SDK in Observer Mode? If so, you’ll need to manually acknowledge your purchases or they will be cancelled within a few days.

If you aren’t using Observer Mode, then RevenueCat will automatically acknowledge and consume purchases. If you’re running into a lot of billing errors (and some are being processed successfully), it’s likely that customers are providing invalid payment methods.

You can read more about Observer Mode here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/observer-mode

Badge +5

Hey @cody  I am using your Flutter SDK. I don’t think Observer mode applies. Am I mistaken?

I am using your service/(and servers that go along with you) to perform any two way confirmation between RC and the store.