Flutter - web support

• 14 January 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi everyone, 

We are building web application in Flutter and wanted to ask if you can support it anyhow? 

I have checked official SDK and it seems to not be supported: https://pub.dev/packages/purchases_flutter/score. As of now, we have a great experience integrating your product on iOS and Android.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, 
Marcin

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Marcin Karmelita 

Support for Flutter web is on the product roadmap, but not something we currently support. Since this is something we are considering, it’s difficult to provide a concrete ETA. Our SDKs are wrappers around our API, so you should be able to do everything that our SDKs do. To integrate RevenueCat on the web, check out our guide on implementing Stripe web payments. To fetch products from Offerings, you can use the GET /offerings endpoint to do so. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

This would be a great addition to the Flutter SDK! Also, Flutter now has stable support for Windows, with Linux and Mac soon to follow. It would be great if RevenueCat could add support for web using Dart (and REST, of course), then it would also work for the desktop platforms.

Badge +5

+1

Badge

It’s been months, can we can an update of any sort for flutter web support?

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@tina Our team also needs to access Revenue Cat on Flutter web. Is this is something that can be prioritized in the roadmap?

Also if the SDKs are wrappers around the API, curious if there anything inherent to web that makes this difficult for the team to support in the Flutter library?

Badge

Hi! this is also one of my requrements, I would like to have one subscription system for web and mobile

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi together,

any update on web support for flutter? Web supports means deployment to web.

Many thanks.

Best regards

Badge +4

Any updates on this? 

Badge +4

Would be interesting for us too. Are there updates on RevenueCat for web?

Badge +1

Any roadmap updates for web support? Currently seeing “uncaught (in promise) Error: MissingPluginException(No implementation found for method setupPurchases on channel purchases_flutter)” in web.  Looking for other solutions atm so I can use Android, Ios & web

Badge +2

@tina hey any updates on this? thank you

Badge +2

I would like to bump this. We have Flutter running web and mobile and currently, having to have two processes sucks.

Its convoluted to need to setup a backend endpoint, make requests, clog up the network and make your own classes to init the system when the plugin exists already.

Its not even possible to take an API request and use customerInfo.fromJson() within Flutter to parse the API response object into the system which ideally, if we must use the API, should be the absolute minimum integration. We have been requested a proper web integration for some time now and is clearly needed by customers.

I propose a flow that could work as:

1. Purchases.addCustomerInfoUpdateListener fails to work on web as current
2. We make an api request to our own back and receive a json object
3. We parse this object into the revenue cat system manually so the rest of the functionality remains
4. We can still query CustomerInfo no matter the platform

From a development standpoint, it seems as though its some basic login and improvement within your rest API and the provided toJson functions.

When starting my app for web and calling

```Firebase.initializeApp(options: DefaultFirebaseOptions.currentPlatform);```

i get an error

```MissingPluginException(No implementation found for method setLogLevel on channel purchases_flutter)```

I’d guess that firebase internally sets tries to set the log level, but even this simple function isn’t supported for web with this package?

Even if i couldn’t perform purchases on the web, it would be nice to have a version of RevenueCat that doesn’t prevent the rest of my app from working on web.

Badge +2

When starting my app for web and calling `Firebase.initializeApp(options: DefaultFirebaseOptions.currentPlatform);` i get an error ```MissingPluginException(No implementation found for method setLogLevel on channel purchases_flutter)```

I’d guess that firebase internally sets tries to set the log level, but even this simple function isn’t supported for web with this package?

Even if i couldn’t perform purchases on the web, it would be nice to have a version of RevenueCat that doesn’t prevent the rest of my app from working on web.

For these instances, you need to use the kIsWeb constant provided by Flutter / Dart to avoid breaking web. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

This is badly needed

Badge +1

Our Team needs web support too