Skip to main content
Question

Data safety violation after upgrading purchases_flutter

• 16 August 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello! My app is made using flutter and purchases_flutter. About a month ago I upgraded purchases_flutter from 5.6.5 to 6.30.2. The software update has been accepted, but a few days ago I received the following message:

We found an issue in the following area(s):

• Version code 26: Policy Declaration - Data Safety Section: Device Or Other IDs Data Type - Device Or Other IDs (some common examples may include Advertising ID, Android ID, IMEI, BSSID, MAC address)

I checked my merged manifest file and there is no 

<uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID"/>

code inside manifest. 

I’ve seen this article: Google Play's Data Safety and it talks only about purchase history (financial data). In my existing data security form, I declared that the application does not process any data (I have not seen the above mentioned article before).

What to do? Submit a declaration on processing only financial data (Google clearly writes about Device Or Other IDs). Is it possible that they treat the anonymous identifier generated by Revenuecat as this type of identifier?

Hi @tom-tmp!

RevenueCat won’t collect any of that information automatically, and we haven’t seen any issues where Google sees the anonymous id as a device identifier. 

Were there any other changes to this update besides the SDK? Regarding the Data Safety doc that you linked above, do your answers match the ones that we recommend there? If your answers are different, Google Play could have flagged the data safety form as not properly disclosing all data that is collected.

Hello, Kaitlin.
Thank you for your reply. I only updated the SDK and database. I have now completed the declaration according to your guidelines (only financial data is processed) and Google has accepted it. So it looks like the information about collecting Device Or Other IDs Data was false.

Thanks again!