Solved

Checking price eligibility in Flutter on iOS triggers an Apple sign-in prompt

• 8 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

My Flutter app is showing a prompt to sign in with Apple when I call Purchases.checkTrialOrIntroductoryPriceEligibility on iOS. I found a related topic from a RC customer using the iOS SDK.

The suggested workaround is to check if a receipt exists before calling checkTrialOrIntroductoryPriceEligibility. The Flutter SDK doesn’t seem to provide a way to check for receipts. Is there any workaround for me without writing custom iOS plugin code?

It sounds like this issue only happens in the sandbox environment, but I’m concerned that my app will be rejected if the reviewer is constantly getting sign-in prompts.

icon

Best answer by ryan 8 December 2021, 23:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Like you mentioned it should only happen in sandbox. I don’t believe there’s any official workaround for this but I’ve shared that previous thread with our SDK team to see if there’s potentially another way to handle it. Since the same version of your app needs to work in sandbox and production, things are optimized toward a production environment. 

I know a lot of apps use that method and I haven’t heard of an App Rejection for it if that’s your concern you could always give it a shot first then fallback to something if needed. Definitely keep us posted if this leads to a rejection reason.

Badge +6

Thanks for your response, @ryan - I’ll move forward with app submission and see what happens. 🤞