Question

Changing Period using Paywall

• 3 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am only using RevenueCat Paywall (Android) to allow a user to subscribe. Let’s say a user subscribes to ‘Monthly’ and then two months down the line wants to shift to ‘Annual’. There’s no way the current Paywall or a version of it allows this shift. Personally, I feel it should be pretty easy for the RevenueCat team to use the current setup as you simply have to show the ‘Current’ subscription at the top, and allow to shift to Annual or whatever. No need to build a completely different paywall. The issue is, in Android there is absolutely no way to make this shift as the subscriptions management link which takes to Google Play Subscriptions also doesn’t show any option to shift the period / tenure.

Please correct me if i am wrong anywhere.

3 replies

Badge +2

I don’t see anything like this in Google Play Store, hence the need to allow changing options through paywall:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @dejavu89 Android does require a little more manual work because Google gives you more flexibility to manage a customer’s subscription. To change subscriptions you should follow this guide on how to do it: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/managing-subscriptions#google-play

Badge +2

I have now used the information on the page you provided, but I believe RevenueCat paywalls should allow to upgrade or downgrade (as it can be part of the same flow and same standard screen, just a box which shows current subscription and then allows to upgrade etc)